- J.D., American University, Washington College of Law
- B.A., University of Florida, Finance
- District of Columbia
- Energy Communities Alliance, Executive Director
- American Society of Association Executives
- National Association of Installation Developers
- Environmental Law Institute
- American Bar Association, Real Estate and Environment and Natural Resources Sections
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
Seth has worked on over $15 billion of public-private transactions. He regularly structures, negotiates, documents and closes large, complex transactions for lenders, developers, federal, state and local government entities. His unique practice requires him to work on all phases of development projects that include public-private partnerships, power purchase agreements, enhanced use leases, student and military housing privatization, energy savings performance contracts, energy development, utilities privatization, and international structured finance.
In the energy arena, Seth counsels clients on energy efficiency, smart-grid, new battery technology demonstration, smart-house demonstration, photo-voltaic, low-flow turbine generation, small modular reactors, water, wastewater, storm water, energy savings performance contracts and other energy projects. He assists federal, state, municipal and corporate clients to identify and address power purchase agreements, utility agreements, energy tax credit and grant issues and other similar issues. Seth has helped clients with:
- 35+ ESPCs/UESCs
- Several federal property exchanges
- 15+ enhanced use leases
- 40+ military base closure and reuse projects, including in the District of Columbia and San Francisco
- 25+ DOE property and utility transfers
- 20+ completed military housing projects
Seth serves as the Executive Director of the Energy Communities Alliance, the organization of local governments adjacent to DOE facilities and national laboratories.
Seth is a Vice Chair of the Privatization, Outsourcing and Financing Transactions Committee for the American Bar Association and a Board Member of the Council of Development Finance Agencies.
Seth regularly speaks at conferences, has served on several federal advisory boards and non-profit policy committees. He has authored and co-authored several books and guides on economic development, brownfields, military base reuse, financing federal energy projects, small modular reactor development, and public private partnerships.
- Assists clients to work with various offices and the U.S. DOE and DOD leadership in order to address energy policy and funding issues.
- Assists several organizations to develop “energy parks” on federal facilities.