Our real estate attorneys have handled thousands of acquisitions and dispositions of real estate assets, including real estate loan assets, across the nation. We are tough, practical negotiators and structure transactions to reduce risk, minimize transaction costs and defer avoidable taxes.
With offices uniquely positioned throughout the U.S., we are well-positioned to handle the management and supervision of high-volume, multi-state acquisitions and dispositions.
A particular strength of our team is our responsive and proactive advice, ensuring clients are not left waiting for critical documents or legal opinions, especially on complicated multi-state transactions.
From owners, developers and investors to lenders and servicers, we recognize that every client has varying interests, niches and areas of focus within the world of real estate. Our experience includes a wide array of property types, including:
- Business and health care parks
- Industrial parks
- Manufacturing facilities
- Big box retail
- Shopping centers and other retail properties
- Office buildings
- Warehouse distribution centers
- Lodging and recreational facilities
- Cultural and educational facilities
- Condominiums and cooperatives
- Multifamily residential developments
- General residential and commercial projects
Given the time and cost constraints of today’s economy, we place high emphasis on providing practical and relevant legal advice from the negotiation of purchase contract through closing. We provide sophisticated tax, collateral, regulatory, cross-border, bankruptcy, litigation, environmental and other legal counsel so that every client understands and appreciates the nuanced risks and rewards of each transaction.
Specifically, our real estate lawyers are actively involved in:
- Identifying, analyzing and structuring project-specific issues
- Preparing and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, ground, operating and financing leases, and other transaction and development documents, including easements, covenants and restrictions
- Reviewing and negotiating title insurance policies and land surveys;
- Reviewing and analyzing environmental matters
- Reviewing and analyzing all aspects of real estate diligence materials
- Coordinating the transaction with the client and its internal counsel, other transaction participants and their counsel, third-party service providers and other consultants involved in the transaction
Our attorneys are well-versed in issues associated with the acquisition and sale of environmentally impaired property, the due diligence associated with such transactions and risk allocation mechanisms to protect clients from environmental liability for which they have no direct responsibility. In addition, our experience extends to the review of environmental analyses prepared pursuant to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and associated state statutes, environmental permitting, placement of pollution legal liability insurance policies and negotiation of indemnity agreements between the parties.