We represent a variety of clients in connection with public securities offerings, including:
- Initial public offerings
- Secondary offerings
- Exchange offers
- Tender offers
- Rights offerings
- Dividend reinvestment plans
Our team also handles Rule 144A offerings and private placements of securities that are exempt from registration with the SEC and state securities regulators.
Our clients include major corporations with securities listed on national securities exchanges, national and regional investment banks, REITs, syndicators of public and private investment and private equity funds, banks and other financial services companies. We also counsel smaller and early-stage companies looking for capital to finance their growth.
We have extensive experience with offerings of all types of securities, including:
- Common and preferred stocks
- Interests in partnerships
- Master limited partnerships
- Limited liability companies and other types of pass-through entities
- Corporate bonds and other debt instruments
- Collateralized mortgage obligations
- Receivable securitizations and other types of asset-backed securities
We are a recognized innovator in partnership and syndicated offerings for all types of real estate-related activities, triple net leases, motion pictures, oil and gas, cable television, cattle feeding, coal mining, equipment leasing, research and development and high-technology offerings. Our team has obtained numerous novel no-action and interpretive positions from the Securities and Exchange Commission that have allowed our clients to use advanced financing techniques that have since become industry standards.