Kutak Rock’s State and Local Government Solutions Group—COVID-19 and Beyond
Kutak Rock has assembled a diverse team of attorneys from multiple Firm practice groups to better leverage the Firm’s experience and resources to respond to client needs in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis.
The newly formed State and Local Government Solutions Group was created to assist clients dealing with state and local governments with respect to the COVID-19 crisis. Comprised of more than 40 seasoned attorneys across the firm’s 18 offices—including registered lobbyists, former state, federal and local officials, seasoned regulatory and administrative law attorneys—the Solutions Group helps clients in numerous areas, including, but not limited to:
- Analyzing and seeking relief for “essential services” clients in response to “Stay At Home” orders from State, county and municipal governments;
- Legislative and regulatory guidance, advocating amendments or exceptions from state or local statutes, regulations, ordinances;
- Emergency appropriations for hard-struck industries;
- Procurement of state/local contracts, including bid protests, either on an emergency basis or through standard RFP channels;
- Managing government contract performance issues associated with the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Advising and representing clients in disputes with government regulators relating to new COVID regulations;
- Representing political subdivisions with respect to Section 601 of the CARES Act—direct federal funds to States and local governments—Treasury guidance interpreting same and COVID related expense eligibility determinations;
- Direct engagement with US Congress on past, present and future COVID-19 emergency legislation as it affects State and local governments.