- J.D., California Western School of Law
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- California State Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
Edwin has extensive litigation experience and has tried to conclusion well over 100 cases. His practice emphasizes litigation (often requiring internal/government investigations) involving public entities in areas such as inverse condemnation, public works contracts, employment, civil rights, road design and premises liability. He represents public entities, for-profit and nonprofit corporations and officers and directors in areas including products liability, employment, construction, intellectual property, university sports liability, business torts and discrimination.
- U.S. Army Judge Advocate General's Corp. (JAGC)
- Representing clients involved in litigation arising from condemnation and inverse condemnation by public entities including cases involving land subsidence, flooding, redevelopment activities and land development.
- Land use litigation related to affordable housing issues, code enforcement and zoning.
- Police liability litigation including excessive force, officer involved shootings and civil rights violations.
Employment litigation including wrongful termination, discrimination and retaliation including police employment issues.
- Premises liability including personal injury and wrongful death cases arising from dangerous conditions of public property.
- Product liability litigation including manufacturing and industrial equipment, roadway design, food products and vehicles.
- Representing government officials and corporate officers and directors in cases involving allegations of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and libel, including cases seeking to impose individual liability.