- J.D., William Mitchell College of Law, William Mitchell Law Review
- M.S., University of Arizona, Urban Planning
- B.A., University of Minnesota, Economics and Business
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
Member of the Minnesota State Bar Association
Board Certified Real Property Law Specialist, Minnesota State Bar Association
Member, Hennepin County Bar Association, Eminent Domain, Public Law and Real Property Sections
Condemnation Commissioner, Hennepin County District Court
Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, Faculty
University of Minnesota Humphrey Institute, lecturer
Hamline University, lecturer
Tim frequently serves as development counsel on corporate and governmental legal matters including real estate transactions, complex land use approvals, and litigation oversight; project management, planning, design and development; site and market analysis.
Prior to practicing law, Tim earned an M.S. in urban planning and was an active member of the American Institute of Certified Planners. He served as the Director of Planning for the City of Shakopee, Minnesota and also served as a planner for the Cities of Coon Rapids, Minnesota and Tucson, Arizona.
Tim has served on numerous boards and is involved in a variety of nonprofit and charitable activities. He is currently a Board Member of the Sensible Land Use Coalition, a Board Member of Smart Growth Minnesota and serves the Board of Trustees at DeLaSalle High School.
- Sensible Land Use Coalition (Board Member)
- American Planning Association, Minnesota Chapter (Past Member)
- DeLaSalle High School, Board of Trustees (Chair)
- National Association of Industrial and Office Parks, Legislative Committee (Past Member)
- American Institute of Certified Planners (Past Member)
- NACORE, International Association of Corporate Real Estate Executives (Past President, Board Member)
- Shakopee Chamber of Commerce (Past Member)
- Shakopee Community Development Commission (Past Chair)
- Minnesota Justice Foundation (Past President, Board Member)
- The Safety Project, Tubman/Chrysalis Family Center (Legal Volunteer)
- Real estate and land use counsel to institutional and non-institutional developers and property owners in complex real estate development projects throughout the region.
- City attorney in the capacity of general, civil and special counsel to various cities and townships throughout Minnesota.
- Eminent domain and real estate counsel to lead agency to assemble land for Target Field Ball Park project.
- Real estate and land use counsel in fair housing issues to a variety of non-profit housing developers throughout the region.
- Assists clients in real estate valuation matters including eminent domain and property tax appeals.
- Super Lawyers®, 2019
- Martindale-Hubbell®, "AV" Rating
- Super Lawyers®, Minnesota Law & Politics, six times