- J.D., William Mitchell College of Law
- B.A., Augsburg College
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of South Dakota
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota Department of Employee Relations, Appointed Special Deputy Attorney General
With 30 years of experience, Henry enjoys a diverse practice primarily focused on litigation, but also as outside counsel to various companies in addressing their transactional and business issues. His commercial clients include mid-size companies in the health care, insurance, third-party administrator, natural product supplement clinical laboratory banking, and land development industries. Henry has effectively represented individual clients, focusing on business executives and health care professionals in employment-related matters, directors' and officers' liability litigation and intellectual property matters. He also has successfully handled significant personal injury and wrongful death matters, as well as having served as appointed defense counsel on behalf of national insurance companies.
Henry has a proven record of success, having secured several multimillion-dollar and numerous six-figure verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients in both state and federal courts across the country, as well as having successfully defending them in major cases securing dismissals or zero damage awards in the face of multimillion-dollar claims.
Litigation Areas of Concentration
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law
- Health Care Professionals’ Disputes
- Insurance Defense
- Personal Injury
In addition to his litigation practice, Henry represents and advises business clients in a variety of matters in his outside general counsel role, and has been involved in overseeing multimillion-dollar acquisitions and real estate transactions. He also works closely with clients in advising them on preventative measures to avoid and limit litigation and regulatory exposure.
General Business Areas of Practice
- Business negotiations
- Regulatory compliance and negotiations with governmental agencies
- Employment law issues, including confidentiality agreements, non-compete agreements and terminations
- Intellectual property disputes
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Preemptive litigation measures
Previously Henry co-founded Anderson, Helgen, Davis & Cefalu. He also served as Vice President and General Counsel for a nationally based self-funded health care company, and as a partner for 18 years with a Minneapolis law firm. Early in his career, Henry served on the staffs of U.S. Senator Walter Mondale and Governor/Senator Wendell Anderson, worked as a lobbyist during law school, and continues to maintain close ties with the Minnesota political establishment.