- J.D., University of Iowa College of Law, Iowa Law Review
- B.S., South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
Neil also has extensive experience representing clients in litigation matters involving financing and public financing matters, health care, construction and construction defects, real estate, employment, insurance, product liability, and securities matters. He has served as lead trial counsel on hundreds of litigation matters and has extensive first-chair trial experience. His clients range from large international and national institutional clients to entrepreneurial start-ups.
Neil’s health care experience includes representing an anesthesiologist group in a contract dispute with a former partner, representing a purchaser of health care practices against the seller for breach of contract, representing former CEO and CFO of company that provided nursing and other professional services to hospitals, and representing several dental practices in breach of contract and other claims against franchisor.
Neil is a member of the Patent bar and his intellectual property experience also includes: assisting clients in obtaining and protecting patent rights; selecting, registering and protecting trademarks and copyrights; handling matters before the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board, the International Trade Commission and the Board of Patent Appeals; drafting Uniform Franchise Offering Circulars and negotiating franchise agreements; negotiating and drafting assignments, licenses, Internet and technology agreements and other agreements affecting intellectual property rights; and advising clients regarding intellectual property protection and management.
- Represents a Global 100 Corporation on IP enforcement matters.
- Successfully enforced patents for an international manufacturing company in multiple actions.
- Successfully stopped misappropriation of trade secrets for a national technology company.
- Developed international licensing and distribution program for a software company.