We advise clients of all sizes in the selection, clearance, registration, maintenance, licensing and protection of trademarks and service marks. We provide practical advice regarding the establishment and management of brands and steps that can be taken to maximize available brand protection. We also have substantial experience handling opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board.
A robust trademark portfolio protects the brand and image of a company and its goods and services. We help clients manage every aspect of their trademark portfolio including:
- Review and analysis of potential new trademark material
- Trademark application preparation and filing
- Tracking deadlines for statements of use and declarations
- Foreign and domestic filings
- Monitoring for appropriate use of marks under licensing agreements
- Monitoring royalty payments
- Assist in development of trademark review, clearance and protection procedures
We have extensive experience in the field of licensing brands and trademarks, including the determination of whether a license is needed. Actual and would-be licensors and licensees have included universities, fraternities, sororities, fashion brands, breweries, wineries, healthcare and health-related facilities, hotel and restaurant chains, and many others, including the United States Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force.