- J.D., University of Iowa College of Law, with Distinction
- B.S., University of Nebraska at Omaha, magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Omaha Bar Association
International Trademark Association
Patrick has more than 25 years of experience advising clients on all aspects of trademark protection and use. He has worked with business teams and in-house counsel to assist clients in every aspect of developing and adopting protectable trademarks and best practices for using and protecting valuable trademark assets. He has routinely guided clients of all sizes through every step of the trademark clearance and registration process, and has maintained portfolios consisting of thousands of domestic and international trademarks. He has extensive experience advising clients on all aspects of trademark licensing, acquisition and divestiture. Patrick is also experienced in federal trademark litigation as well as opposition and cancellation proceedings in front of the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, including all aspects of survey design, trial preparation and trial strategy.
In addition to his trademark practice, Patrick has extensive experience drafting and negotiating technology-related contracts, including the licensing and acquisition of technology-related assets.
- "ICANN. You Can. Protecting Trademarks on the Internet," Nebraska Bar Association CLE (2001)
- "Trademark Law," Nebraska Bar Association CLE (1994)
- Best Lawyers®, Trademark Law, 2018