We walk the fields, feedlots and ranches of America to stay aware of agriculture trends and the political climate, and respond to our clients’ business needs with innovative agribusiness law solutions. So, while we know the difference between a bull and a steer just as we know the difference between a reverse triangular merger and a forward triangular merger, the real advantage we deliver is fast, cost-effective legal counsel and the peace of mind to concentrate on core business.
Our clients include producers, agricultural lenders, agricultural manufacturers, packaged food companies, risk management entities, input suppliers, chemical suppliers, grain elevators, agricultural cooperatives, feedlots, sale barns, feral operations, ethanol plants, packing plants and implement manufacturers and dealers. Our representation includes transactions involving biofuels, ranching, farming, processing, hauling, applying and trading.
Today’s agriculture and agribusiness business arena requires the integration of several areas of law. Our Agriculture Group meets the needs of the industry with experience that spans complex financing arrangements, regulatory and environmental compliance and entity structure issues.
We provide specialized and general counsel and advice on issues related to:
- Acquisitions, improvements and finance (farm, ranch, processing, digestors, entities, equity and debt, bond financing)
- Agricultural and marketing cooperatives (farmer’s coops, marketing coops, lending coops)
- Agricultural lending (banks, cooperative lenders, insurance companies, captive financing, leasing)
- Bioenergy (biomass, corn based ethanol, cellulosic ethanol, bio diesel)
- Dairy, diversified food and input entities, organic and natural foods, environmental issues, the Farm Bill, food safety, grains, feeds and oils (corn, sorghum, barley, oats, wheat, soybeans, rice, cotton, sugar, corn oil, soy oil)
- Horticulture (vegetables, citrus, non-citrus fruits, tree nuts)
- Inputs (seeds, fertilizer, applications)
- International trade/import and export, litigation and dispute resolution, livestock (beef, pork, poultry, fish, eggs)
- Agricultural machinery and related industries
- Processing and P&S (processing plants, fractionization, sale barns) USDA regulations
- Sales and marketing issues
- Warehousing and storage
- Wine industry (vineyards, wineries and distribution)