- J.D., University of Nebraska College of Law
- B.A., Creighton University
- American Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
Paul is a senior banking attorney who concentrates on representing commercial banks in lending transactions. In his 35 plus year career, Paul has represented commercial bank lenders in hundreds of transactions. The clients represented in such matters include most all of the major U.S. and foreign banks participating in the U.S. capital markets. These transactions include a wide range of market sectors including corporate, government, health care, higher education/not for profit and real estate. His client services also include representing lenders who provide credit or liquidity support to publicly traded debt securities, purchase bonds and other debt securities and other forms of direct lending. He also counsels commercial banks and insurance companies providing structured investments and derivatives such as swaps, forward delivery agreements, repurchase agreements, and investment agreements. Finally, commercial banks turn to Paul when lending to other financial institutions including international insurance companies.
- “The Good, the Bad & the Ugly: Starring the Credit Implications of Direct Purchases & Bank Loans,” National Federation of Municipal Analysts 34th Annual Conference, May 2017 (panelist)
- Nebraska Supreme Court, Honorable William C. Hastings (law clerk)
- Structured municipal bond direct purchase program for major national bank and continues to serve as national program counsel.
- Structured programs for numerous clients, including commercial bank and insurance companies to provide structured investment products and derivatives, including investment agreements, repurchase agreements, forward delivery agreements and swap agreements, and continues to serve as transaction counsel.
- Represented agent bank for bank group providing $2.5 billion letter of credit facility to international insurance company.
- Represented bank group providing liquidity support for $500 million in variable rate bonds issued for Midwestern health care group.
- Represented group of banks providing $475 million revolving credit facilities and letters of credit supporting a South Carolina public utility.
- Represented commercial bank as purchaser of $400 million of revenue bonds issued by a Commonwealth of Puerto Rico governmental agency.
- Represented banks purchasing general obligation bonds issued by Miami-Dade County Florida to finance major infrastructure program of the County.
- Represented bank as purchaser of $133 million of bonds issued by the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority.