- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School
- B.A., Drury University
- Ozarks Technical Community College Foundation, Board of Directors, 2015-present
- Missouri Partnership - State of Missouri's Public-Private Economic Development Agency (Board of Directors, Chairman, 2011-2013; Board of Directors, Member, 2006-2014)
- Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce (Board of Directors, Chairman, 2005; Board of Directors, Member, 2001-2006, 2009)
- Springfield Business Development Corporation (President, 2009; Board of Directors, Member, 2005-2009)
- Springfield Good Government Committee, Board Member and Secretary (2008-2014)
- Home Builders Association of Springfield, Member, Board of Directors (2012)
- American Bar Foundation (Life Fellow)
- International Council of Shopping Centers
Randell counsels local, regional and national developers, lenders, healthcare and educational institutions in real estate acquisition and divestiture, planning and zoning matters, economic development and redevelopment incentives, lending transactions, foreclosure, bankruptcy and workouts, leasing, and condominium formation and operation.
He also practices in mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, and economic development incentives. Randell has represented purchasers and sellers in merger and acquisition transactions in the technology, food and agribusiness, pharmaceutical, and manufacturing industries.
Randell is the managing attorney of the Springfield office.
- Ethics Conversations Seminar, April 2016 (moderator)
- "Mergers and Acquisitions Overview: Things Will Cost You Money When you Sell Your Business," 23rd Annual Gathering of Games Conference, September 2015, St. Louis, Missouri (presenter)
Real Estate and Economic Development
- Represented major healthcare entity in series of medical clinic built-to-suit lease transactions.
- Represented major franchisee of specialty restaurant chain in a series of build-to-suit lease transactions throughout the Southeast United States.
- Land assembly and rezoning of more than 20 separately owned parcels totaling over 100 acres for construction of new regional medical center to replace tornado- destroyed medical center.
- Represented developer in negotiation and approval of Tax Increment Financing agreement for a 90-acre retail and mixed use development.
- Land assembly, annexation and rezoning of multiple parcels aggregating over 100 acres for commercial mixed-use development anchored by specialty hospital facility. Project involved negotiation of development agreement with city, county and state governments for construction of modified highway interchange and new major arterial and Transportation Development District to finance infrastructure improvements.
- Land assembly and rezoning of multiple parcels for new campus of community college.
- Represented developer in redevelopment of center-city property for multi-screen movie theater and mixed-use space. Project involved combination of Transportation Development District and
- Community Improvement District to fund construction of multi-level condominium parking structures.
- Creation of one of City's first privately proposed Community Improvement Districts to assist developer in financing infrastructure improvements.
Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented 100% ESOP-owned national food marketing agency in stock sale to major West-Coast-based food marketing business.
- Represented regional distributor of pharmaceutical products in $190 million merger with the 18th ranked company on Fortune 500 list.
- Represented purchaser in acquisition of chain of supermarkets in Oklahoma.
- Represented management of supermarket chain in creation of ESOP-owned company and acquisition of operating assets.
- Best Lawyers in America®, Springfield, Real Estate Law "Lawyer of the Year," 2019
- Best Lawyers in America®, 2003-2018
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers®, Missouri/Kansas, 2005-2018
- Biz417 Magazine/Biz 100, Listing of most powerful and influential business leaders in 417 area code, 2016-2018
- Springfield Business Journal, Legacy Adviser, 2017
- Springfield Business Journal, "Men of the Year," 2016
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly, "Lawyers of the Year," 2008