- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law
- B.A., Michigan State University, Business
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Colorado State Bar
- California Bar
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Chair Emeritus, Epilepsy Foundation Board of Directors
- Motion Picture & Television Fund Professional Advisory Network, former member
- Los Angeles Chapter of the American Institute of Architects, former member
- The American Trial Lawyers Association, former member
Brad focuses his practice on business litigation. He has litigated various matters involving professional liability (primarily defending architects and engineers), employment, intellectual property, entertainment/media, construction and general business-related disputes. Brad has experience representing clients in jury and court trials, arbitrations, California Labor Commission hearings and licensing hearings.
With significant experience in the professional liability arena, Brad has represented a number of large architectural and engineering firms, as well as other professionals. Representative matters have involved office buildings, hotels, airports, casinos, schools, hospitals, military bases, power plants, transportation, telecommunications and residential developments. Also, Brad has experience representing clients before the United States Court of Federal Claims.
Further, a significant portion of Brad’s practice also includes litigating and resolving disputes on behalf of individuals and companies in the entertainment industry, influencers, musicians and athletes. Such matters have involved disputes pertaining to profit participation, distribution, unauthorized use of name and likeness, corporate disputes, copyright and trademark infringement, and defamation. He also has represented fashion and healthcare clients in various types of matters. He has also handled various employment related matters, including negotiating employment agreements on behalf of entertainment/media executives.
Brad is a regular legal analyst. Most recently, he was interviewed on Los Angeles radio station KTLK’s program Diverse L.A. The discussion focused on the George Zimmerman trial, potential subsequent civil litigation and the U.S. Justice Department’s civil rights investigation. Brad also has been a guest on KCRW radio’s program, Which Way, LA?, a guest on VoiceAmerica’s program Stars of PR with Cindy R, interviewed by KTLA, Fox 11 and KABC in Los Angeles and also has been covered by various networks including CNN, Fox and E!. Brad has been quoted or mentioned by Extra, The Insider, Entertainment Tonight, The Huffington Post, US Magazine, The Hollywood Reporter and others. He also has been profiled in Law 360: Media and Entertainment.
Brad is a prolific writer who has written a number of published articles and case alerts such as “How to Minimize Potential Liability for Job Site Injuries,” “Changes in The Law For Design Professionals: Governor Schwarzenegger Signed SB 972 (Effective January 1, 2011),” “Redesigning Defense and Indemnity Obligations,” “New Ruling Modifies Privette Case Law: Seabright Insurance Company v. U.S. Airways, Inc.,” “Why High End Buyers of Real Estate Need to Be Cautious” and “Thrilla in . . . Louisville? How to Maximize Your Chances of Staying out of the Ring Following a Real Estate Transaction.” He has written a number entertainment-related articles, including “How Professionals Can Maximize the Impact of an Interview,” “Key Mistakes To Make When Dealing With Television Media,” “How To Maximize Your Chances of Getting a Television Interview on Budget,” and “Theatrum Canonicus: Acting Tips for Successful Communication.”
- Epilepsy Foundation of America – Chair Emeritus of Board of Directors; former chair of network relations committee; former board secretary, former chair of the audit committee
- Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Los Angeles, former board
- Southern California Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2004-2011