Unfair Competition and Trade Secrets
We help employers of all sizes and across all industries protect their most valuable assets—trade secrets, proprietary information and key business relationships. We have a deep understanding of the legal and business implications related to hiring and releasing employees in possession of intellectual capital and key relationships and we serve as trusted advisors focused on minimizing exposure, enforcing legal mechanisms and promoting business continuity.
We possess subject matter experience, bench strength and geographic reach, and are equipped to handle a variety of legal matters as day-to-day business advisors and as skilled litigators.
We counsel employers throughout the employment lifecycle—from recruiting and hiring to monitoring and terminating. Our counsel includes:
- Advising on enforceability of restrictive covenants and strategies related to same
- Identifying and securing business-critical information and relationships, including trade secrets
- Drafting restrictive covenants that maximize enforceability of protection, including noncompete, nonsolicitation, nondisclosure, and confidentiality agreements
- Advising on high-risk hires to minimize litigation exposure
- Assisting with the evaluation of employee covenants in the face of business transactions, including mergers and acquisition
The group is comprised of attorneys with significant experience assisting clients in the bringing of, and defending against, motions for temporary restraining orders, and preliminary or permanent injunctive relief. We represent clients in the full range of business dispute resolution, including forensic investigations, negotiations, mediations, arbitrations and litigation. Our geographic reach, bench strength and subject-matter know-how make us ideally suited to help clients address issues surrounding restrictive covenants, unfair competition and trade secrets swiftly and assertively. Our group includes attorneys with discrete experience in e-discovery and intellectual property and industry-specific knowledge. While focused on preventative measures designed to avoid costly litigation, we are well-equipped to guide clients through all stages of dispute resolution and litigation, with the ultimate goal of preserving business-critical information and relationships and achieving positive outcomes, efficiently.