- J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law, summa cum laude
- B.A., Gonzaga University, magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Eastern District of Washington, Criminal Justice Act Panel
- Gonzaga School of Law Board of Governors, 2013 - 2019
Geana is a powerhouse Spokane-based litigation lawyer with a wide variety of experience in both federal and state courts. Most recently, her legal practice has expanded to include writing process and procedure policies for companies navigating the evolving landscape of COVID-19 vaccine requirements, mandates, and executive orders. Geana has worked with numerous human resources departments to draft guidelines on medical, disability, and religious exemptions.
More generally, Geana represents businesses in commercial, employment and labor disputes with significant experience in all phases of complex commercial litigation. She routinely advises businesses facing contract disputes, consumer protection, noncompete covenants and trademark issues.
Geana’s experience also includes representing banking institutions, defending multiple federal class-action lawsuits, and advising clients on electronic discovery and record management.
She has a proven appellate record before the Washington State Supreme Court, Division III of the Washington State Court of Appeals and the Ninth Circuit.
- Honorable Judge Fred Van Sickle, federal district court judge for the Eastern District of Washington, clerk
- Super Lawyers® 2016-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Commercial Litigation, 2019-2022
- Washington Super Lawyers®, Business Litigation, 2016-2020
- Spokane Coeur d’Alene Living Magazine, Top Litigator, 2016-2017
- Lawyer Representative for the EDWA to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2014-2017
- Spokane County Bar Volunteer Lawyers Program Fundraising Volunteer of Year, 2015
- Judge Clarke Public Service Scholarship, 2014