- J.D., University of Nebraska College of Law, with High Distinction, Order of the Coif, Executive Editor, Nebraska Law Review
- B.A., Doane University, cum laude
- Nebraska Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Women in Public Finance
Dawn concentrates her practice in the area of public finance. She represents governmental bond issuers and underwriters, as well as nonprofit and private borrowers in public finance offerings. In particular, Dawn has acted as:
- Issuer’s, underwriter’s and disclosure counsel for higher education and student housing facility bond financings.
- Bond counsel for healthcare financings of acute and long-term care hospitals, nursing, assisted-living and retirement housing facilities in Nebraska.
- Bond and underwriter’s counsel for tax-exempt and taxable single and multifamily housing bond issues throughout the country.
- Bond and issuer’s counsel for energy and utility financings and joint action agencies in Nebraska.
- Special counsel advising clients on bond post-issuance and continuing compliance obligations to various government entities including the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the Internal Revenue Service.