- J.D., University of Nebraska College of Law, with Distinction; Executive Editor, Nebraska Law Review
- B.A., Colorado State University, summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- Prague University of Economics and Business, Central and East European Studies Program
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
- Robert M. Spire American Inns of Court, Executive Committee (membership chair)
- American Bar Association
- Phi Beta Kappa
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Playing with Fire, Inc., Board Member
Maggie is a litigation partner in the Omaha office of Kutak Rock who focuses on intellectual property, antitrust, and complex commercial litigation. Her litigation practice is national in scope and she has litigated cases in various state and federal courts across the country.
She has brought and defended numerous claims for trademark infringement, patent infringement, and misappropriation of trade secrets. Her antitrust practice centers around nationwide class-action, multi-defendant, multi-district, antitrust cases.
In her commercial practice, Maggie is an expert on liability for commercial speech and has successfully obtained consent judgments and settled claims for defamation, trade libel, false advertising, and violations of the First Amendment. Maggie also frequently advises clients on claims for tortious interference with a business expectancy, breach of contract, civil fraud, unfair competition, deceptive trade practices, and other business torts.
Maggie has substantial experience with records management, e-discovery, and major discovery documentation review, including expertise with numerous e-discovery platforms.
In addition to her litigation practice, Maggie has a 100% success rate for obtaining P-1B visas for internationally recognized entertainment groups coming to the United States to perform at top-rated venues and music and art festivals across the country. Maggie’s immigration clients have included some of Europe’s finest, award-winning musicians and bands such as Aynsley Lister (UK), Ben Poole (UK), Catfish (UK), When Rivers Meet (UK), Wille and the Bandits (UK), Dom Martin (Northern Ireland), Gunwood (France), Thorbjorn Risager and the Black Tornado (Denmark), and the world-renown street theatre company Close-Act Theatre (Netherlands).
On the pro bono side, Maggie assists low-income families with the Green Card application process.
Maggie served as a law clerk for the Honorable Lyle E. Strom of the United States District Court for the District of Nebraska. Maggie assisted Judge Strom with over 20 jury trials in the District of Nebraska and the Northern District of New York and with appeals in the Eighth and Ninth Circuits. Maggie also served as a law clerk for the Honorable Michael G. Heavican, Chief Justice of the Nebraska Supreme Court. As a law student, she served as a summer intern for the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Nebraska.
- “Using O and P Visas to Bring Foreign Entertainers, Artists, and Athletes to the United States,” The Nebraska Lawyer, May/June 2019
- Note, Up in Smoke: Hug & Henstock, Inc. v. Omaha, 275 Neb. 820, 749 N.W. 2d 884 (2008), Home-Rule City Authority Diminished by the Nebraska Special Legislation Provision, 88 NEBRASKA LAW REVIEW 612 (2010)
- Hon. Michael G. Heavican, Chief Justice of the Nebraska Supreme Court (judicial clerkship, 2012-2013)
- Hon. Lyle E. Strom, United States District Court for the District of Nebraska (judicial clerkship, 2010-2012)
- Successfully defended complex claims for trademark infringement involving allegations of fraud in a landslide victory in federal court on a summary judgment motion and was awarded all attorneys’ fees as part of the final judgment.
- Successfully defended claims for tortious interference with a business expectancy, defamation, and deceptive trade practices involving business competitors in state court on a summary judgment motion.
- Successfully brought claim for breach of contract involving social media software in federal court on a summary judgment motion and successfully defended the judgment on appeal.
- Negotiated multiple favorable settlements of complex litigation matters involving misappropriation of trade secrets and related claims.
- Negotiated favorable settlement of breach of contract action involving complex indemnity issues related to medical billing.
- Negotiated favorable settlement of breach of contract action involving commercial landlord/tenant dispute.
- Negotiated multiple favorable consent judgments and settlements of matters involving defamation and related claims.
- In re Broiler Chicken Antitrust Litigation, Northern District of Illinois, Case No. 1:16-cv-08637.
- In re Polyurethane Foam Antitrust Litigation, Northern District of Ohio, Case No. 1:10-md-02196.
- The Government of Puerto Rico v. The Carpenter Company, et al., District of Puerto Rico, Civil No. 18-1987.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation – Intellectual Property, 2023-2024
- CALI Award for Academic Excellence in Criminal Law (highest grade)
- University of Nebraska College of Law Regents Scholar (full-ride merit-based scholarship)
- Colorado State University Deborah M. Barney Memorial Award Recipient (merit-based scholarship awarded to the most promising future law student of the graduating class)
- Colorado State University Lang Political Science Scholarship (merit-based scholarship awarded to future law student demonstrating high involvement with campus or community activities)
- Colorado State University Outstanding Junior of the Political Science Department (merit-based scholarship)
- Colorado State University Liberal Arts Alumni Scholarship (merit-based scholarship awarded to student with highest record of academic achievement)
- Colorado State University Honors Program Enrichment Award (merit-based scholarship for study abroad program)
- Colorado State University Provost Scholarship (four-year merit-based scholarship for non-resident student)