- LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center
- J.D., Temple University James E Beasley School of Law
- B.S., Temple University
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- District of Columbia
- American Bar Association Section of Taxation, Committee on Tax-Exempt Financing
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers
Mitchell chairs the firm's National Public Finance Tax Department. Before joining Kutak Rock, he was employed by the Internal Revenue Service, where he was in charge of issuing rulings related to tax-exempt bonds. Mitchell has been an active participant in the American Bar Association Section of Taxation, Committee on Tax-Exempt Financing, as well as the National Association of Bond Lawyers.
- Handling hundreds of financings and maintaining an ongoing dialogue with current representatives of the Internal Revenue Service and United States Treasury Department with regard to matters of significance to the municipal finance industry, as well as representing municipal issuers and finance professionals in audits by the Internal Revenue Service of tax-exempt municipal bonds.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Public Finance Law, 2017-2024
- Super Lawyers®, 2012-2020