- J.D., University of Iowa College of Law, with High Distinction, Editor, Iowa Law Review
- B.M., University of Iowa, with Honors and Highest Distinction
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Film Streams, Inc., Board Member
Margot devotes the majority of her practice to commercial real estate law, including real estate development, real estate and solar lending and financing, real estate aspects of solar project investing, residential multi-tenant acquisitions and financings and low income tax credit projects.
In addition to her real estate practice, Margot provides general corporate representation to a number of local businesses in the areas of contract drafting and negotiation, entity selection and formation and general business development. She serves on the firm’s Executive Committee and Compensation Committee.
- Representing banks in connection with their solar lending programs.
- Representing commercial developers in the acquisition and development of commercial sites.
- Representing commercial landlords and tenants in the negotiation of leases in single-tenant and multi-tenant projects.
- Representing landlords in the acquisition and ongoing operational needs in multi-tenant residential apartment projects.
- Representing national lenders in local and national secured-lending transactions.
- Representing start-up and existing businesses in the areas of corporate matters and contracts.