- J.D., University of Nebraska College of Law
- M.B.A., University of Vermont
- B.B.A., University of North Dakota
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- Nebraska Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
Brett Bruneteau is an attorney at the firm’s Omaha office. His practice covers an extensive range of transactional and business law matters. These matters include mergers and acquisitions (M&A), corporate governance, securities filings, entity formation, business structuring, banking operations, private equity, venture capital, compliance, corporate finance, general contracts, and other business-related issues. In addition, Brett works closely with clients to negotiate, review, and draft documents. In his efforts, he collaborates with all members of the Kutak Rock law firm to carry out and deliver on each client’s individual legal needs.
Prior to joining Kutak Rock, Brett worked in the media, sports, and entertainment industry for the Philadelphia Flyers of the National Hockey League (NHL) and the United States Premier Hockey League (USPHL). During that time, he focused on developing new streams of revenue, targeted marketing, strategic partnerships, and various community outreach initiatives. He was also drafted by the Washington Capitals in the fourth round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, competed internationally with Team USA, and participated at the NCAA Division I level for men’s ice hockey.
- "Sports Gambling in Nebraska: A Good Bet for the Good Life," 98 Neb. L. Rev. 718 (2019)
- "A Contractor’s Guide: Nebraska’s Anti-Indemnity Statute," Nebraska Law Review Bulletin (2020)
- "Attorneys Offer Thoughts of How College Athletic Departments Should Cope with NIL Movement." Sports Litigation Alert, July 30, 2021.
- "Jumping into NIL: Nebraska, Iowa college athletes (& companies) line up deals as universities brace for change." WOWT-TV (NBC-Omaha), July 1, 2021.