- J.D., Creighton University School of Law, magna cum laude, Concentration in Litigation
- M.S., San Francisco State University, Physics
- B.A., San Francisco State University, magna cum laude
- B.A., Stanford University
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Nebraska State Bar Association, House of Delegates
- Nebraska State Bar Association, Publication Committee
- Omaha Bar Association
Carol is an attorney in the firm’s Omaha office with a national commercial litigation practice. She litigates in state courts and federal courts across the country. Carol has brought major patent and trademark cases in numerous venues and has assisted in the defense of her clients through trial in high stakes patent infringement actions.
In addition to her intellectual property practice, Carol also advises healthcare clients in major disputes, including class action, as well as litigation with healthcare billing and software development vendors. Carol has assisted in the defense of dealer termination disputes and antitrust matters. She has significant experience with breach of commercial contracts, tortious interference with business expectancy, and other business torts. Carol’s clients also include white-collar and Department of Justice investigative defendants.
Carol has extensive experience with major discovery documentation review, including expertise with numerous e-discovery platforms, as well as with successful motion practice such as discovery motions, dispositive motions, Daubert motions, and related pretrial motion practice.
Carol served as a law clerk for the Honorable William Jay Riley of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit and the Honorable Lyle E. Strom of the United States District Court for the District of Nebraska. As a law student, she served as a summer intern to the Honorable Joseph F. Bataillon of the United States District Court for the District of Nebraska.
- Acted as co-counsel or advisory counsel in a dozen major patent cases.
- Litigated numerous trademark and unfair competition cases in various venues.
- Negotiated favorable settlement with software development vendor in breach of contract action after successfully defending a motion to dismiss and engaging in discovery.
- Negotiated favorable settlement of arbitration and related litigation over major real estate dispute.
- Negotiated favorable settlement of dealer-separation dispute after extensive discovery and litigation.
- Acted as co-defense counsel in both white-collar criminal defense and Department of Justice investigative matters.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation – Intellectual Property; Litigation – Patent, 2023; Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Intellectual Property; Litigation – Patent, 2024