- J.D., Creighton University School of Law
- B.S., Brigham Young University
- American Health Lawyers Association
Ryan is a member of the firm’s corporate department and Intellectual Property and Technology Transactions Group. Prior to joining the firm, Ryan served as counsel/compliance officer for two healthcare organizations.
- Drafting and negotiating a wide variety of technology agreements, including software licensing agreements, cloud/hosting agreements, SaaS, IaaS and PaaS agreements, master services agreements and hardware acquisition contracts.
- Preparing open source software risk assessments.
- Advising clients in connection with service level agreements.
Health Information Technology
- Preparing and negotiating electronic health records software and services agreements.
- Preparing and negotiating telehealth/telemedicine agreements and system access agreements.
- Advising covered entities and business associates regarding privacy and security obligations associated with the collection and use of health information.
Privacy and Security
- Providing real-time response and legal advice to clients who have experienced a cybersecurity incident or other data breach.
- Providing guidance on state and federal laws, best practices, and industry standards regarding the collection and use of sensitive personal data.
- Developing and advising clients on HIPAA Privacy and Security policies and procedures, risk assessments and data use agreements.