- J.D., Northwestern University Law School, cum laude; Articles Editor, Northwestern University Journal of International Law and Business; Honor Code Prosecutor
- B.A., The Colorado College, magna cum laude, Political Science; Boettcher Foundation Scholar
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Intellectual Property Inn of Court
Chad has served as lead counsel in a variety of different matters, ranging from breach of license to misappropriation of trade secrets to infringement of various forms of intellectual property, including patents, copyrights and trademarks. Chad also regularly handles disputes related to breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, indemnification, collections and warranties. In addition to handling litigation, he also frequently assists clients with pre-litigation counseling and advises on matters related to protecting and monetizing intellectual property.
Chad counts among his clients both local Colorado companies as well as multinational corporations with global operations. His clients range in size from start-ups to more established businesses and occupy such diverse industries as software, semiconductor, alternative energy, consulting, Internet security and Internet Web site filtering.
He has appeared in numerous state and federal courts as well as participated in alternative dispute resolution before AAA, JAMS and JAG. He recently has litigated cases dealing with amplifier, converter and filter technologies, alternative fuel technology, data management software, identity and access management software, mortgage lending software, network security hardware and software, the creation and protection of digital video content, POS solutions, and the collection and cleansing of channel sales data.
Chad has practiced before the state and federal courts of Colorado, the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, the International Trade Commission, the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals and the state and federal courts in California.
Recent Representative Cases
- Kleiner v. SeaSpine Holdings Corporation, et al., United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- Len Larson Diamond Corp. v. Jane Doe, Denver District Court
- Cocona, Inc. v. VF Outdoor, LLC, United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- Reflex Media, Inc. v. Doe No. 1, et al., United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- CSG Systems, Inc. v. Peakview Solutions, LLC, United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- zvelo, Inc. v. Akamai Technologies, Inc., United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2012