- J.D., Creighton University School of Law, magna cum laude
- B.A., University of South Dakota, cum laude
Tom has been with the firm for more than 20 years and has extensive experience representing clients in a wide variety of commercial financing transactions throughout the United States. Some of these transactions include equipment leasing and financings, term loan and revolving line of credit facilities, letters of credit, syndications, traditional real estate lending and sale-leaseback transactions, work-outs and restructurings, and bankruptcies.
- Assisting clients in the structuring, negotiation and documentation of complex commercial financing transactions, conducting due diligence in such transactions and successfully closing the transactions.
- Representing major finance companies in connection with origination of loans and leases of medical equipment to hospitals and other health care providers, including syndications involving such transactions.
- Advising major finance companies in connection with restructurings, loan modifications and other work-outs as well as collection and litigation matters with respect to defaulted commercial transactions.
- Serving as counsel to both national and regional financial institutions in connection with real estate and construction lending throughout the United States, including real estate dispositions and acquisitions.
- Serving as counsel to banks and other financial institutions as lead and participating lenders in large senior secured syndicate credit facilities. Also serves as counsel to borrowers in such transactions from time to time.
- Assisting major financial institutions in connection with preparing and updating of their form loan documents.