- J.D., Michigan State University College of Law, magna cum laude; Journal of Business & Securities Law, Editor-in-Chief
- B.S., Middle Tennessee State University, summa cum laude
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Whitney's real estate practice focuses on the advising clients with respect to the acquisition, sale, exchange, leasing, financing and development of commercial real estate located throughout the country. Whitney has extensive experience representing both public and private real estate investment trusts (REITs) and she routinely serves as counsel in multi-property acquisitions, dispositions, and sale-leaseback transactions.
Whitney's experience with corporate transactional matters includes corporate governance and compliance, mergers and acquisitions, and intellectual property matters. Whitney routinely advises clients with respect to business formation, agreements and disputes, contract review, drafting and negotiation, and technology and licensing agreements. Her practice experience also includes counseling clients regarding trademark and copyright selection, acquisition, use, maintenance and licensing, as well as advising corporate clients in the development of intellectual property policies.
- The Colorado Methods of Practice, Chapter 88, 2009-2019 editions (Author)
- Counsel to a national REIT in connection with the acquisition, financing and securitization of over $4 billion in commercial real estate located throughout the United States.
- Representation of landlords, tenants and developers in the sale-leaseback financing transactions for retail, restaurant, office and industrial space nationwide.
- Counsel to businesses of various sizes in general corporate matters, including the structure and formation of new entities, drafting and negotiation of organizational documents, supplemental agreements and contracts.