- J.D., University of Denver College of Law, General Editor, Denver University Law Review
- B.S., University of Texas at Austin
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- The Alliance of Professional Women
- Rocky Mountain Children's Law Center
Heather’s practice covers a broad range of commercial real estate transactions, including conduit lending, agency loans, commercial mortgage and mezzanine financing, collateral substitutions, the acquisition, development, financing and sale of office, hotel, industrial, retail, mixed use, senior living and apartment properties and the negotiation of commercial office leases. From acquiring and leasing office buildings, to selling and financing multifamily projects, Heather provides her clients with creative and cost-effective solutions for achieving their business goals.
Additionally, Heather is a Member of the Board of Directors of the Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute, a non-profit helping low-income individuals transform into serious entrepreneurs through a unique blend of skill-building, mentorship and micro-lending. She has also been appointed as guardian ad litem through the Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center representing minor children in dependency and neglect proceedings.
Heather is a trusted advisor to public and private clients, including publicly traded real estate investment trusts, private equity funds, national and regional real estate developers, owners and operators, and financial institutions.
- Counsel to a public REIT in connection with the financing of senior and supplemental loans in excess of $10 billion secured by multifamily housing projects located across the country.
- Represents an independent investment firm in connection with the acquisition of senior living housing projects and the financing and refinancing of loans secured by such projects located nationwide, with an average annual deal volume of $1.2 billion.
- Counsel to landlords in the leasing of more than 2,000,000 rentable square feet of commercial office space in Colorado.
- Represents tenants, including a Fortune 500 company, in the negotiation of leases for retail, restaurant and commercial office space nationwide.
- Counsel to developers in the acquisition, financing, selling and leasing of commercial office, restaurant and retail space in Texas.
- Represents a developer in connection with the acquisition and financing of Low Income Housing Tax Credit projects.
- Represented a lender and servicer for permanent and construction loans, securitizations and loan restructurings in excess of $5 billion in military housing privatization transactions.
- Pro bono counsel to the Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute in the negotiation of a lease for office and incubator space.
- Counsel to Holocaust survivors in applying for reparation pension from the German government through Bet Tzedek, the recipient of the 2009 ABA Pro Bono Publico Award.
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Real Estate Law, 2023