- J.D., University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law, magna cum laude, Articles Editor, University of Arkansas at Little Rock Law Review, Member of the UALR Moot Court Board, University of Minnesota' McGee National Civil Rights Moot Court participant and Top Oralist recipient
- B.A., Texas A&M University, Corps of Cadets Member, Caretaker of Reveille VII (university mascot)
Pierce's practice focuses on transactional and business-related matters affecting both public and private companies, including securities regulation, corporate governance, executive compensation, mergers and acquisitions, and private equity fund formation, as well as a wide range of legal matters affecting limited liability companies, close corporations, and partnerships.
Pierce's practice also includes representation of clients in federal and state court in all aspects of civil litigation, including the defense of class actions, M&A disputes, labor and employment, appeals, and other complex civil litigation. He represented clients in a wide range of business sectors, including health care, telecommunications, information technology, food and beverage services, and retail. With both transactional and litigation experience, Pierce has a unique understanding of the multifaceted and complex challenges facing his corporate clients.
- "THE UNAUTHORIZED PRACTICE OF LAW: Driving Legal Business Without a License," LegalZoom, Inc., Campbell v. Asbury Automotive, Inc., 2011 Ark. 157, 381 S.W.3d 21, 36 U. Ark. Little Rock L. Rev. 201 (2014)
- Assisting publicly held companies with corporate governance, securities compliance, registration, and reporting under both the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and NYSE and NASDAQ listing rules and regulations.
- Representing clients with respect to debt and equity securities in both public and private markets.
- Representing clients with respect to mergers and acquisitions, both public and private, and investors in venture capital, buyout and long-term private equity funds.
- Defended competing royalty class actions filed in state and federal courts, state-level appeal of overlapping class-certification decisions and trial in federal court.
- Defended competing shareholder class actions and individual suits in state and federal court seeking to block the merger transaction of a publicly held client.
- Defended shareholder group in international arbitration contesting European public company’s acquisition of private medical technology company.
- Defended multiple shareholders seeking proxy access through process of “no-action relief” from U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on behalf of a publicly held client.
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© "Ones to Watch" in Corporate Governance and Compliance Law; Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; and Securities/Capital Markets Law, 2021-2022
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2018-2021