- J.D., University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law, magna cum laude, Articles Editor, University of Arkansas at Little Rock Law Review, Member of the UALR Moot Court Board, University of Minnesota' McGee National Civil Rights Moot Court participant and Top Oralist recipient
- B.A., Texas A&M University, Corps of Cadets Member, Caretaker of Reveille VII (university mascot)
Pierce Hunter is a partner at Kutak Rock LLP in the Business, Corporate and Securities Department, focusing primarily on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, capital-raising transactions and securities law matters. He regularly counsel’s clients on a broad range of transactions and has experience representing clients across a variety of sectors, with a concentration on renewable energy, financial services, technology and retail.
Pierce’s recent representations include:
- A top-ranked U.S. solar and energy storage developer, in connection with its acquisition of a solar electric-powered electric energy generating facility under development in New Mexico with an expected total nameplate capacity of 200 MW AC.
- A leading renewable energy and infrastructure financier in its purchase of a portfolio of 20 separate solar developments with a total nameplate capacity of 25 MW AC.
- A leading solar project developer in connection the sale of a portfolio of solar development projects to multiple purchasers with a total allocation of 14 MW AC.
- An Arkansas-based financial services and payment processing company in connection with its approximately $75 million sale to a private-equity-backed payment processor.
- An investment bank in connection with its $188 million investment in a joint venture holding a portfolio of public-private military housing partnership affiliates.
- Bank OZK in its acquisition of a Delaware bank holding company and its Florida state bank subsidiary with $1.7 billion in assets and 33 banking offices in Florida.
- Bank OZK in its acquisition of a Delaware bank holding company and its Georgia state bank subsidiary with $3.9 billion in assets and 48 banking offices in Georgia.
Retail and Food Services
- Safe Foods Corporation, a global leader in food safety processing providing antimicrobial solutions in food processing plants for customers in the U.S. and internationally, in connection with its sale to Packers Sanitation Services, Inc. Ltd., a leading provider of food safety and contract sanitation services for food processing facilities.
- A Colorado-based specialty bicycle manufacturer, in connection with its majority sale to a private investment firm.
- An Arkansas-based beverage and refreshment provider in connection with the sale of its bottled water and coffee delivery business operated in Arkansas, Tennessee and Mississippi.
- Printfection, an advanced enterprise swag management platform, in its equity sale to Custom Ink, the leader in custom apparel and accessories for companies, groups and organizations.
- Movista, Inc. in connection with an equity recapitalization and investment of $12 million senior equity investment by New York-based Level Equity, a software focused growth equity fund.
- Movista, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Natural Insight, a retail technology provider and its largest competitor.
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© "Ones to Watch" in Corporate Governance and Compliance Law; Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; and Securities/Capital Markets Law, 2021-2023
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2018-2022