- J.D., Boston University School of Law
- B.A., University of Southern California
- New York
- American Bar Association
- Nebraska Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
Ed is a member of the firm’s Corporate Finance Group and represents public and privately held companies in virtually all types of significant corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions and dispositions; venture capital financings and other capital-raising activities; and joint ventures and strategic alliances. He also advises clients with respect to all day-to-day business and corporate law issues, including business formation, strategic legal planning, stockholder and other equity owner relations, corporate governance matters, equity compensation issues, employee relations, and contract negotiations and drafting. Ed further advises public company clients in connection with SEC and stock exchange compliance and disclosure matters.
Ed has represented clients in a wide variety of industries, including manufacturing, telecommunications, information technology, professional services, real estate, high tech, biotech and retail businesses, and in all stages of development ranging from start-ups to emerging and established businesses.
- Mayor’s Fair Housing Advisory Group, Advisor
- Linden Park Homeowner Association, Director
- Represented public and private clients in forward, reverse and triangular mergers, stock acquisitions, asset acquisitions and divestitures, including earnouts and Section 363 bankruptcy sales, and reorganizations.
- Counseled issuers and investors in venture capital financings, private placements and other private securities offerings.
- Advised issuers and underwriters in connection with IPOs and follow-on public offerings of equity and debt securities, shelf takedowns, PIPE financings and warrant redemptions.
- Represented domestic and foreign businesses in forming joint ventures and collaborating on strategic alliances.
- Extensive experience advising public companies with respect to compliance with the registration, reporting, disclosure and corporate governance requirements under federal securities laws.
- Represented a private information management company in the acquisition of all of the assets of a division of a publicly traded company while simultaneously completing a round of venture capital financing and a tranche of debt financing from another private equity group in order to fund the acquisition.
- Represented a publicly traded ethanol production company in a going private transaction and related reorganization.
- Represented a publicly traded entertainment software company in an acquisition via triangular merger of a private software development company.
- Represented a publicly traded eye care chain in follow-on public offerings of its common stock, and in a series of mergers and stock and asset acquisitions of eye care chains throughout the United States.
- Represented venture-backed companies and venture capital investors in initial and subsequent rounds of convertible preferred stock investments in privately held IT companies.
- Represented a publicly traded video store chain in its bridge financing, its IPO, two follow-on public offerings of its common stock and warrants, a warrant redemption and a series of over a dozen mergers and stock and asset acquisitions of video stores and chains throughout the United States and Canada.
- Represented a publicly traded biopharmaceutical company in a PIPE transaction, a private placement of convertible preferred stock and an equity line financing.
- Represented a privately held Belgian corporation in negotiating and establishing a strategic alliance with a California-based partner that had a manufacturing affiliate in China.