- J.D., Georgia State University College of Law, magna cum laude
- M.A., Georgia State University, Special Studies, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
- A.B., University of Georgia, summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa and Phi Kappa Phi
- State Bar of Georgia (Real Property and Local Government Law Sections)
- Atlanta Bar Association (Business and Finance and Real Estate Law Sections)
- Cobb County Bar Association (Young Lawyers Division)
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
Andrew has extensive experience as bond purchaser's counsel, underwriter's counsel, swap counsel, bond counsel and disclosure counsel on general obligation and revenue bond financings, as well as conduit financings for multifamily housing, charter school, nonprofit hospital and economic development projects across the country. His experience also includes the development and use of financial and derivative products such as total return swaps, as well as securitizations and other secondary market structures.
- Hon. P. Harris Hines, Supreme Court of Georgia (judicial intern)
- Counsel to purchaser, structuring agent and swap provider in acquisition of portfolio of more than 100 tax-exempt multifamily housing revenue bonds aggregating $850 million and related securitization facilities.
- Counsel to the senior creditor in restructurings of tax credit portfolios and related credit default swap obligations for two of the country’s largest apartment developers.
- Counsel to the sponsor and placement agent in a $150 million agency-administered securitization of multifamily housing bonds and related residual securitizations.
- Counsel to multiple national investment banks in connection with various derivative transactions, including real estate-secured swaps.
- Served as underwriter's counsel, disclosure counsel or bond counsel for several of the initial tax-exempt bond-financed charter schools in the State of Georgia and for charter school bond financings in Florida, Texas, North Carolina South Carolina and Tennessee.
- Served as disclosure counsel to the State of Georgia for over $8 billion of its general obligation bond issues.
- Served as bond counsel or company counsel in numerous, prominent economic development projects across the State of Georgia.