- J.D., Arizona State University College of Law
- B.S., Arizona State University, cum laude, Finance
Randy is the Chair of the Scottsdale Corporate and Real Estate Department. His practice is primarily focused on commercial lending and real estate transactions. His real estate practice extends to all facets of commercial real estate, including acquisitions, development, dispositions, leasing, financing and property management matters. He has represented, among others, commercial lenders and other providers of capital, as well as developers of convenience stores and retail shopping centers.
Randy represents commercial lenders and providers of capital in multi-jurisdictional real estate secured, asset-based, structured and sale-leaseback financing transactions, including loan and lease documentation, bankruptcy-remote entity structuring, fraudulent conveyance analysis, property and loan and lease due diligence, title insurance analysis and legal opinion review and analysis. His commercial lending experience also extends to loan sales, workouts, restructures and modifications, and advising and representing administrative agents and participant lenders in syndicated loan transactions. Randy has represented commercial lenders and providers of capital in a wide variety of commercial finance transactions, including transactions secured by hotels, restaurants, assisted living facilities, airport hangars, retail centers, data centers, air cargo facilities and general business assets.
Randy also handles business planning for real estate transactions such as structuring and forming corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies.
- Arizona Department of Real Estate (ADRE) (Assistant Attorney General, 2005-2006)
- Serving as co-lead counsel to a financial institution in connection with the sale of over 1,500 leased restaurant properties located in virtually every State in the U.S.
- Serving as lead administrative agent’s counsel in connection with a $90,000,000 syndicated credit facility secured by over 200 franchised restaurants.
- Representing a large financial institution in connection with its investment as a syndicate lender in widely syndicated loans.
- Representing a retail developer in connection with the acquisition, development and sale and leasing of pads on retail projects in Arizona.