Our national financial institutions litigation group serves a wide range of financial institutions, including commercial banks, residential loan servicers, thrifts, credit unions, bank holding companies and finance companies, including defense of corporate officers, directors, board committees and other corporate representatives.
Our experience includes:
- Loan collections
- Business Dispute Resolution
- Litigation (Plaintiff and Defense Representation)
We have litigated claims regarding:
- Repurchase obligations
- Title disputes
- Eminent domain litigation
- Lender liability and fraud
- Federal lending laws
- Complex corporate disputes
- Securities fraud
- Class actions
- Government contracts
- Bid disputes
- Forfeitures and liens
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
- State and federal whistle-blower and false claims actions
- Trade regulation and loss of “supervisory goodwill"
In addition to representing traditional financial institutions, we work with credit enhancers, issuers, trustees, servicers and others in disputes involving structured finance transactions, including asset-backed securitizations, housing finance deals, swap terminations and bond validation proceedings. We have appeared in state and federal courts across the country in sophisticated securitization litigation involving hundreds of millions of dollars.