- J.D., Harvard Law School
- A.B., Harvard University, Phi Beta Kappa
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
Called “business friendly” by his clients, Ken emphasizes quality, value and results. His work for his clients runs the gamut: from assisting a leading commercial bank with private equity investments to public securities and A&D work for an oil and gas company to acting as lender’s counsel in international project finance and real estate transactions across the globe totaling billions of dollars. Ken also has technology clients that are developing cutting-edge encryption and semiconductor solutions.
Ken’s clients hail from a number of industries: international finance, oil and gas exploration and production, semiconductor technology, encryption, agricultural technology and software. Ken has acted as lead counsel on other sophisticated transactions, including venture capital and private equity investments.
- “Private Placements: A View From the Courtroom,” Kutak Rock CLE, Omaha and Denver, April 2018 (presenter)
- "Harvard Alumni Entrepreneurs Showcase," Denver, Colorado, September 2018 (panel moderator)
- “Harvard Alumni Entrepreneurs Showcase,” Denver, Colorado, September 2017 (panel moderator)
- Urban Land Institute Mexico Energy Reform Breakfast Part III, Mexico City, September 2015 (panel moderator)
- Leadership Program of the Rockies, Class of 2018 (graduate)
- Greater Boulder Youth Orchestras (former board member and president)
Public Securities & M&A - Energy Sector
- Registered direct and at-the-market public offerings for oil and gas exploration and production ("E&P") company
- Takedowns of common stock and warrants from S-3 shelf registration by E&P company and 1934 Act filings and reporting.
- Debt/equity exchange for publicly-held oil and gas company.
- Representation of publicly-held seller of oil and gas assets in North Dakota.
- Representation of seller of oilfield services subsidiary to private-equity-backed buyer.
- Representation of independent E&P company in $200 million universal shelf public offering, resale registrations on Form S-3 and 1934 Act filings and reporting.
- Reverse merger acquisition by energy services firm and related public securities work.
Venture Capital and Technology; Private Fund Investment
- Representation of leading commercial bank in connection with $50 million investment in Community Reinvestment Act focused commercial real estate fund, as well as investments in an SBIC and a tax-credit-forward investment fund.
- Representation of technology client in connection with strategic alliance with international semiconductor firm, including an exclusive, world-wide license for chip memory technology.
- Tax and corporate assistance to non-U.S. family office in restructuring of U.S. venture investment.
- Representation of financial technology firm in multiple venture capital financings.
- Representation of non-U.S. investor in connection with numerous U.S. venture capital fund investments.
- Representation of U.S. financial institution in connection with numerous venture capital investments.
International Project Finance
- Representation of institutional lender in connection with refinery construction project in Latin America.
- Representation of institutional lender in connection with approximately $100 million commercial real estate financing transaction in the European Union.
- Representation of institutional lender in connection with approximately $1 billion power plant project in West Africa.
- Martindale-Hubbell®, "AV (Preeminent)" Rating