- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
- B.A., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, summa cum laude
Shawn has represented numerous issuers of tax-exempt obligations, banks that provide liquidity and credit enhancement for this type of debt, and swap providers in connection with the hedging of such debt. In addition, he has represented several hedge fund providers. Having more than 15 years of experience in these types of transactions, he understands the intricacies of tax-exempt debt financing and can use his experience to creatively, efficiently and effectively address issues that emerge for his clients.
- Representing various issuers of tax-exempt debt in several states.
- Counsel to numerous national hedge funds in connection with swap transactions.
- Representing several of the largest banking and investment banking institutions in the United States in connection with credit enhancement, liquidity and derivative products.
- Securitizing debt using various secondary market structures.
- Developing and negotiating total rate of return and interest rate swap programs.
- Negotiating investment agreements/GICs.
- Drafting and negotiating various types of tax-exempt bond documents.
The Best Lawyers in America©, Public Finance Law, 2023