- J.D., University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law
- B.S., University of Arizona
- Arizona Commercial Real Estate Women AZCREW
- Arizona Women Lawyers Association
- Arizona Bar Association, Real Property Section
- Maricopa County Bar Association
Joy focuses her practice on helping clients in commercial real estate, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, sale/leasebacks, financing, construction, and property management matters. Her clients include developers and real estate investors in connection with multifamily projects, medical and other office projects and retail centers.
Joy also has extensive experience in multistate commercial lending, as well as restructurings and workouts for borrowers, lenders and landlords, and she has handled many non-judicial foreclosures. Joy’s lending experience spans the commercial spectrum, from restaurant and hotel/hospitality finance to retail, office and multifamily projects.
- Representing several of Arizona’s largest multifamily developers in all aspects of real estate acquisition, financing, construction, and disposition.
- Serving as local counsel to several commercial lending institutions in connection with multi-jurisdictional secured lending real estate transactions.
- Representing financial institutions and borrowers regarding local law issues and opinions.
- Representing buyers and sellers in the purchase and sale of fee and ground lease interests in multifamily apartment complexes, general office centers, medical office centers, shopping centers and vacant land.
- Counsel to a lending institution in connection with documenting credit facilities for the branded hotel market segment, including term loans and facilities used for property improvement and development.
- Serving as counsel to a premier net lease REIT in connection with dispositions and leasing for properties nationwide.