- J.D., University of Colorado at Boulder School of Law, Order of the Coif
- B.A., Brandeis University, cum laude
Lee represents small to midsize business, including start-ups, closely held businesses, family offices and individuals, as company counsel on a full range of transactional matters, including guidance on choice of entity, governance, executive compensation and other operational matters.
For nearly 30 years Lee has represented clients in the organic and natural foods industry. He also has substantial experience working with companies and organizations acquiring, supporting and sustaining newspapers serving local and underrepresented communities. His work for organic dairies has included organizing companies, financings, mergers and acquisitions, real estate acquisitions, divestitures and leases, and contract drafting, review and negotiations.
- Represented dairy processor in the acquisition, financing with development bonds, construction and continuing operation of a state of the art processing facility.
- Represented nonprofit charity in its first project which involved financing and acquiring 24 community newspapers or organizing a new public benefits corporation as the holding company.
- Represented agricultural-focused fund on its investment in a grower with farms and operations in seven states.
- Restructured organic and custom farming enterprise to roll-up affiliated operations and subsequent buyout and retirement of the founder.
- Prepared and negotiated supply, vendor and customer contracts for nation’s largest private label organic dairy milk producer and processor with sales in all 50 states.
- Assisted client with its initial and updated award winning corporate citizenship report.
- Advised client regarding regulatory issues under the Organic Foods Production Act and the associated National Organic Program Regulations.
- Served as client’s corporate counsel and worked closely with the litigation team defending several nationwide class action consumer product lawsuits.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, 2013-2024
- Martindale-Hubbell®, "AV" rating