- J.D., University of Colorado at Boulder School of Law, Order of the Coif
- B.A., Brandeis University, cum laude
Lee represents small to midsize business, including start-ups, closely held businesses, family offices and individuals, as company counsel on a full range of transactional matters, including guidance on choice of entity, governance, executive compensation and other operational matters.
For more than 25 years Lee has represented clients in the organic and natural foods industry. His work for organic dairies has included organizing companies, financings, mergers and acquisitions, real estate acquisitions, divestitures and leases, and contract drafting, review and negotiations.
- Negotiated an Amended and Restated Credit Facility on a syndicated loan with more than 10 participants.
- Advised client regarding regulatory issues under the Organic Foods Production Act and the associated National Organic Program Regulations.
- Advised investor group on acquiring a controlling interest in an organic produce distributor emerging from a chapter 11 bankruptcy and continuing representation as corporate counsel to the business.
- Served as client’s corporate counsel and worked closely with the litigation team defending several nationwide class action consumer product lawsuits.
- Assisted client with initial and updated corporate citizenship report.
- Re-organized a C-corporation into two wholly owned subsidiaries under a limited liability company parent on a tax favorable basis.
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions, 2017 - 2020
- Martindale-Hubbell®, "AV" rating
- Super Lawyers®, every year since 2010