- J.D., University of Nebraska College of Law
- B.A., Indiana University
Richard represents retail big-box and outlot developers, national and state banks and other clients with respect to their acquisition, disposition, development, leasing and financing of commercial real property, with special emphasis in sophisticated retail development and leasing activities. He spends significant time representing landlords and tenants with respect to leases of corporate commercial office space. He also represents tax credit investors, lenders and borrowers with respect to large commercial loans secured by various interests in real property and other collateral in multiple jurisdictions. Upon request, Richard has worked in-house for multiple clients for extended periods to assist with short-term in-house counsel absences.
- Representing developers and end-users of large commercial/retail development projects.
- Representing a national bank in the acquisition, development, construction and off-balance-sheet financing of one of the largest high-rise office buildings in the Midwest.
- Representing a large Silicon Valley tech company in leasing of corporate space in the U.S.
- Representing multiple tax credit clients investing in low income housing and new-market tax credit projects.
- Representing clients before planning commissions, city councils and other governmental entities.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, 2024
- Chambers USA®, Leading Real Estate Attorney, Arkansas