- J.D., Creighton University School of Law, magna cum laude; Editor in Chief, Creighton Law Review
- B.S.E. and B.S., Duke University
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- Colorado (inactive)
Kamaal is a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property and Information Technology Group. He assists clients with selling or procuring license rights to intellectual property assets, including software, hardware, data, and cloud services. He works closely with IT departments and technology professionals across a number of industries, including retail, healthcare, cable and internet, automotive production, and data analytic services. He also helps clients navigate technology-related policies and regulations, including privacy rights and information security.
Kamaal has extensive experience assisting with the licensing and commercialization of valuable data assets and analytic tools. He helps manage the preparation and negotiation of commercial contracts for one of the largest data analytic companies in the world, including contracts for supply planning purposes, media buying purposes, campaign measurement solutions, and broker services.
- Preparing and negotiating technology agreements for clients in the areas of complex software and maintenance services, health information technology and services, and custom software development.
- Negotiating complex data use agreements and disclosure rights for retail supply and digital marketing analytics.
- Advising clients regarding the use and deployment of IaaS, PaaS, and other SaaS or cloud services.
- Creating technology vendor management tools, including form contracts, onboarding materials, audit checklists, and negotiation playbooks.
- Counseling clients regarding commercialization and joint-development agreements for intellectual property assets and emerging technologies.
- Assisting clients with evaluation of license compliance, audit preparation, and term restructuring for software, hardware and other intellectual property or technology assets.
- Performing intellectual property and information technology due diligence for corporate transactions, including asset purchases and corporate acquisitions.
- Conducting trademark clearance and prosecution for brand management and trademark portfolio development.
- Negotiated master data licensing terms for access to and use of location data for retail analytics.
- Managed negotiations for a payment solution corporation’s renewal of master software licensing terms with a multinational financial services company for multi-million dollar expansion of service and support.
- Provided robust guidance to a medical device company on Oracle licensing rules and audit rights.
- Acted as lead IP counsel for prescription savings company in its asset purchase of a complimentary technology system.
- Provided critical counsel to a fast growing infotainment company for content acquisition and delivery.