- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, cum laude
- B.S.E., The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- New York
Mitch represents REITs, financial institutions, real estate investors, developers and Fortune 100 corporations in virtually all types of commercial real estate transactions throughout the country, including sales and acquisitions, financings, loan workouts, restructurings and assumptions, and leases and sale-leaseback transactions. His transactions have involved shopping centers, department stores and other retail establishments, restaurants, motorcycle and powersports dealerships, auto part and service centers, convenience stores and gas stations, fitness centers, apartment buildings, hotels, resorts, office buildings, warehouses and distribution centers. Prior to joining Kutak Rock in 1996, Mitch spent over eight years practicing with one of the largest law firms in New York City.
With Mitch's broad experience, responsiveness and attention to detail, he has enabled clients to successfully effectuate complex transactions for more than 20 years.
- Counsel to multibillion-dollar REIT in the acquisition of over 25 different shopping centers located throughout the country for an aggregate purchase price in excess of $1 billion, and related mortgage financings and subsequent leasing activity.
- Counsel to multibillion-dollar REIT in numerous sale-leaseback transactions involving casual dining restaurants, furniture stores, dollar stores, sporting goods stores, pharmacy stores, convenience stores and gas stations, auto part and service centers, car washes, wholesale clubs, fitness centers, office buildings and distribution centers, and related mortgage financings.
- Counsel to multibillion-dollar REIT in a $170 million sale-leaseback transaction involving an office complex for the largest for-profit university in the country, and related mortgage financing.
- Counsel to multibillion-dollar REIT in a $200 million sale-leaseback transaction involving a portfolio of fishing, hunting, boating and outdoor sporting goods stores.
- Counsel to multibillion-dollar REIT in various dispositions of casual dining restaurants, office buildings, distribution centers and government buildings.
- Counsel to multibillion-dollar REIT in the acquisition of equity interests in owner of approximately 200 properties leased to a national quick-service chicken restaurant concept, and related assumption of existing mortgage debt.
- Counsel to Fortune 100 company in financings of approximately 30 motorcycle and powersports dealerships.
- Counsel to a national mortgage servicer on the lease of their Phoenix headquarters.