- J.D., University of Missouri, Kansas City School of Law, UMKC Law Review
- LL.M., University of Missouri, Kansas City School of Law, Taxation
- B.S., University of Kansas
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Growth, Kansas City chapter (Member; Board of Directors 2017-present; Membership Committee 2015-present; Chair, ACG Next Committee 2016-present)
Neil represents sellers (founders and entrepreneurs), buyers (strategic and financial), private equity funds and their portfolio companies in a broad spectrum of corporate and securities matters, including middle-market mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, business entity formation and tax planning. Prior to joining the firm, Neil worked as an analyst with a boutique investment bank focused on the middle-market.
- The Village Shalom Associate Board (Member, 2011-2015)
- Jewish Federation of Greater Kansas City, Your KC Committee, (2015-2017)
- Private equity fund in recapitalizing an internet-based prescription drug advice company.
- Software company in its sale to Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT). This deal successfully used IRC Section 338(h)(10) to benefit the parties.
- Strategic acquirer in a series of acquisitions as it expanded into new product lines.
- A management team in a management buyout (MBO) from Aviva USA of Creative Marketing International Corporation, an independent insurance marketing organization. This was one of the first deals to use the new IRC Section 336(e) regulations to benefit the parties.
- Private equity fund in a series of assets sales to strategic buyers.
- Private equity fund established by a Native American tribe in its joint venture acquisition and operation of select Louisiana casinos.
- The management team in a management buyout of an independent insurance marketing organization.
- Portfolio company of a private equity fund in the sale of the company’s Oracle™ solutions business unit to Grant Thornton LLP.
- Private equity group in a recapitalization of a Canadian off-road equipment company.
- Seller in an asset sale of robotic vending machines to a product development and metal fabrication company.
- Aspen Avionics, Inc., a venture-backed avionics technology company, in a variety of strategic financings, partnerships and acquisitions including:
- Strategic partnership with and Series D investment by the Italian agency that manages the Italian space program.
- Acquisition of the U.S. subsidiary of an Indian software engineering company.