- J.D., University of Kansas School of Law
- B.A., University of Kansas, with Honors and Distinction
- Arizona (inactive)
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
Emily's practice consists of representing clients with respect to all facets of secured lending transactions. She has particular expertise in handling automotive finance issues and regularly represents lenders in the automotive and trucking industry. Emily's practice also includes representing clients on a variety of real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, financing and property management matters, with a particular emphasis on commercial real estate financing representing both lenders and borrowers. She regularly serves as counsel to real estate investors, developers and lenders involving various types of properties, including commercial office buildings, retail properties, hotels, hospitals and industrial properties. Her practice also includes general corporate assistance, contract negotiations, and advice and planning for all aspects of business representation.
- Counsel to captive automotive lenders in connection with wholesale financing matters including drafting and negotiating loan documents, intercreditor and subordination agreements, structuring and documenting credit facilities for service loaner and rental vehicles, drafting and negotiating marketing and other servicing agreements, and advising on issues related to the Equal Credit Opportunity Act,
- Regulation B and the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Counsel to various lenders, including private and institutional, construction, REITs and national retailers in a multitude of real estate transactions across the United States.
- Counsel to several hospitals in connection with purchases of multi-office complexes and additional commercial properties, including unimproved land for the development of healthcare facilities.
- Special counsel with regard to real estate matters in numerous M&A transactions.