- J.D., University of Missouri, Kansas City School of Law, with Distinction; Member: Law Review
- B.B.A., University of Oklahoma
- Arizona (inactive)
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Arizona Bar Association
Jacob has been involved in numerous and varied tax-exempt and taxable municipal finance transactions, including general obligation bonds, revenue bonds, private activity bonds (including low-income housing bonds and small issue manufacturing bonds), tax increment financing bonds, tax abatement bonds (both real and personal property), charter school revenue bonds and real estate and equipment lease financings (including leasehold revenue bonds and certificates of participation).
He has worked on complex transactions for a broad range of political subdivisions including cities, counties, school districts, university systems, state finance authorities, community improvement districts, neighborhood improvement districts, library districts, police and fire districts and other political subdivisions in a number of states including Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arizona and California.
Jacob also has extensive experience serving as purchaser’s counsel for bond issues and leasing transactions all over the country, including the representation of national lenders participating in the tax-exempt municipal leasing industry.
- City of Kansas City, Missouri Taxable Special Obligation Bonds (Convention Center Hotel Project), Series 2018A ($35,375,000) (Co-Bond Counsel)
- The Industrial Development Authority of the City of Kansas City, Missouri Tax Increment Refunding Revenue Bonds (Briarcliff West Redevelopment Project), Series 2017 ($15,150,000) (Bond Counsel)
- Industrial Development Authority of the Town of Farmville, Virginia Educational Facilities Revenue and Refunding Bonds (Longwood University Student Housing Projects), Series 2018A and Taxable Series 2018B ($128,425,000) (Underwriter’s Counsel)
- Golden State Finance Authority (CA) Senior Housing Revenue Bonds (Solano Vista Senior Apartments Project), 2018 Series A-1 and Subordinate Series A-2 ($5,768,000) (Bond Counsel)
- City of Oak Grove, Missouri Taxable Industrial Development Revenue Bonds (Jay Ambe Oak Grove LLC Project), Series 2018 ($7,000,000) (Bond Counsel)
- City of Kansas City, Missouri Taxable Industrial Revenue Bonds (Bayer Crop Science LP Project), Series 2018 ($25,000,000) (Co-Bond Counsel)
- Kansas Development Finance Authority Multifamily Housing Revenue Bonds (Turtle Hill Townhomes), Series 2018D ($4,000,000) (Developer’s Counsel)
- The Industrial Development Authority of St. Joseph, Missouri Tax Increment Refunding Revenue Bonds (The Shoppes at North Village Project), Series 2018 ($19,360,000) (Purchaser’s Counsel)