- J.D., University of Denver College of Law
- B.S., University of Colorado, Finance
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
Nathan practices in the area of commercial transactions, with a special emphasis on complex real estate transactions and real estate financings for financial institutions, developers and other investors. He regularly represents clients in acquiring, selling, exchanging, leasing and financing commercial real estate and affordable housing projects. Furthermore, he counsels financial institutions and investors with loan sales, loan workouts, distressed asset dispositions and foreclosures.
- Provided general representation for a start-up national REIT client in connection with the formation and capitalization of the REIT and the acquisition, financing and securitization of over $1 billion in commercial real estate properties.
- Provided general representation for a national REIT client in connection with the acquisition, financing and securitization of over $4 billion in commercial real estate properties located throughout the United States as well as the client’s initial public offering and a subsequent merger.
- Assisted a REIT client with the restructuring of financing leases and property substitutions under securitized CMBS credit facilities.
- Represented a client with an $815 million sale-leaseback financing transaction with a national retailer, reported by The Wall Street Journal to be the largest retail sale-leaseback transaction ever in the United States.
- Counsel to a client for the acquisition of over $400 million in apartment complexes throughout the western United States.
- Represented a client in the management of the Neighborhood Stabilization Program and related transaction funds for a major American city with the largest non-state allocation of HUD program funds.
- Counsel to a client in connection with the structuring of investment funds to acquire residential mortgage loans with funds obtained through a TARP program.
- Represented various clients with HUD 232, 241 and 242 loans for the acquisition, refinance, construction and/or expansion of hospital, skilled nursing and assisted-living facilities.
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2009-2011