- J.D., Columbus School of Law at The Catholic University of America
- B.A., The College of William and Mary
- District of Columbia
- National Association of Women Lawyers (President 2013-2014), Board of Directors, 2006 to 2016
- Investment Program Association, Member, 2010-2014, 2016 to present
- Investment Program Association’s Women’s Initiative Network (WIN), Member, 2010-2014, 2016 to present
- Alternative and Direct Investment Securities Association (f/k/a Real Estate Investment Securities Association), Board of Directors, 2010-2014; Co-chair, Legislative and Regulatory Committee 2012-2014
American Bar Association Section of Business Law (State Securities Subcommittee)
Deborah has closed public and private debt and equity offerings, primarily for REITs and other real estate companies, as well as non-traded equipment finance and oil and gas companies, and business development companies. She has also structured and closed numerous tenant in common syndications and has worked with public and private company clients providing general corporate counseling and advising on periodic and annual reporting and other SEC disclosure requirements.
Previously, Deborah worked for two national law firms in Washington, D.C. and a nationally recognized law firm in real estate securities in Richmond, Virginia. Deborah also was an attorney-advisor in the Division of Corporation and Finance at the SEC where she examined and analyzed transactional and periodic filings for compliance with federal securities laws, primarily for REITs and syndicated limited partnerships.
- Co-Moderator: "SEC Advertising," Alternative & Direct Investment Securities Association webinar, April 2021.
- Moderator: "Power in Action: IPA Members Implementing Diversity in Leadership Initiatives," Institute for Portfolio Alternatives - Women's Initiatives Network Forum, Chicago, Illinois, 2019.
- Video: "Focus on Alternatives: Deborah Froling on Women in Financial Services," Alternative & Direct Investment Securities Association, July 2017.
- Telephone Roundtable: "Marketing Secrets for Developing an Awesome Real Estate Practice," National Association of Women Lawyers Real Estate Law Affinity Group, January 19, 2017.
- Podcast: "Mentorship and Sponsorship of Women in the Financial Industry," Institutional Real Estate, Inc., April 2016.
- "Leadership in the Law," Deloitte University's FAS Law Firm Inclusion event, January 9-10, 2014.
- "506(c) Offerings: Practical Guidance for Broker-Dealers and Registered Investment Advisers," The DIWire, March 24, 2023.
- Comment Letter to the North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA) Regarding Proposed standard operating procedures (SOP) on the Use of Electronic Offering Documents and Electronic Signatures. Sent on behalf of the Alternative & Direct Investment Securities Association (ADISA), November 2, 2016 (co-author).
- "Women in-House Counsel Practice Resiliency," The National Law Review, October 17, 2013.
Distinguished Service Award, Real Estate Investment Securities Association, 2010
President's Special Recognition Award, National Association of Women Lawyers, 2009
Recommended Attorney: The Legal 500 United States