- J.D., Hamline University School of Law, magna cum laude
- B.A., Pepperdine University, cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Minnesota
- Financial Planning Association, Minnesota
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Growth, Minnesota
Andrew's practice includes securities litigation, commercial litigation, business and corporate law and general civil litigation. His specialty in securities litigation includes shareholder disputes, class-action litigation, numerous FINRA arbitrations and general investment-related litigation, with an emphasis on broker/dealer defense. Additionally, Andrew regularly counsels clients on business formation issues and corporate structuring. He also defends clients involved in investigations by the Securities and Exchange Commission, FINRA and state regulators.
Andrew also has extensive experience in defending clients against FINRA Enforcement Actions, FINRA investigations and other securities-related regulatory matters. In addition to his securities experience, he regularly represents clients in a wide variety of commercial and business litigation matters, including contract disputes, employment matters, products liability cases involving international manufacturers, business and shareholder disputes and land use matters. This representation includes the full spectrum of site investigations, discovery, depositions, dispositive motion practice and trial.
Andrew is active in the Financial Planning Association of Minnesota and regularly represents and advises broker/dealers, Registered Investment Advisors, and Certified Financial Planners® in regulatory compliance and business transactions in Minnesota and across the country.
In addition to his litigation and securities regulation practice, Andrew is actively involved in representing businesses and business owners servicing the state-legal cannabis industry on a nationwide basis. In this capacity, he works as a team to advise companies providing financial services to members of the state-legal cannabis industry, advises clients involved in the manufacturing of products for the consumption of medical cannabis products, advises companies providing real estate- and manufacturing-based services to members of the state-legal cannabis industry, and advises individuals investing in businesses in the state-legal cannabis industry.
- "5 Ways to Invest in Real Estate with Tips from the Pros," Fit Small Business, October 2018 (Quoted)
- "26 Tips for Landlords from the Pros," Fit Small Business, November 2017 (Quoted)
- "Deposition Tips For Lawyers," Conferencecalling Blog, October 2017 (Quoted)
- "Supreme Court Limits Where Companies Can Be Sued for Personal Injuries," Bigger Law Firm, June 2017 (Quoted)
- "How Restaurant Owners Fight Bad Reviews Online," AvvoStories, May 2017 (Quoted)
- “Robos Beware: How to Keep FINRA Away,” January 2016
- “Constructing Your Network: Business Trends and Business Development,” LinkedIn, November 2015 (author)
- “The Proposed SEC Reporting Modifications for Investment Companies: Keep Your Firms on Track,” The Knowledge Group Webinar, December 2015
- California State Assemblyman Kevin Jeffries, Legislative Director, 2007-2010
- Jesse M. Unruh, Assembly Fellow, 2006-2007