- J.D., University of Arkansas School of Law, magna cum laude; Symposium Editor, Arkansas Law Review
- B.A., University of Arkansas
Maggie represents various corporate and healthcare clients, including health systems, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices, and health plans. She regularly provides counsel to clients on federal and state regulatory, operational, and compliance matters. Specifically, Maggie focuses on:
- Facility and practitioner licensing and scope of practice requirements
- Compliance with federal and state fraud and abuse laws, including the Stark Law and the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute
- State healthcare regulatory matters
- Review and preparation of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy Policies
- Vendor and Business Associate Agreements
- Conducting due diligence and preparing regulatory filings in transactional matters
Maggie also has experience assisting health plans in negotiating and drafting agreements with pharmacy benefits managers for various drug services related to commercial and governmental health care programs. In addition to her healthcare practice, Maggie also represents and advises corporate clients in a variety of real estate matters, including commercial lease drafting and negotiations.
Prior to joining Kutak Rock, Maggie spent three years as a law clerk for the Honorable P.K. Holmes, III in the United States District Court for the Western District of Arkansas.