- J.D., University of Nebraska College of Law, Order of the Coif
- B.S., Arizona State University, magna cum laude
- Colorado Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
Mike is chair of the Denver office’s public finance transportation group. He joined the firm in 1983 after four years as an administrative and contract law advisor in the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps. Mike focuses his practice on transportation-related projects, representing issuers, financial institutions and others in airport, port and mass transportation financings. He routinely serves as lead bond counsel for various types of financing structures, including general revenue bond, special facility bond and commercial paper financings for airports and ports, and sales tax revenue bond financings for mass transit entities.
With his broad experience, leadership and business-minded approach, Mike successfully leads his clients through the lifespan of their transportation financings.
- Bond counsel for financings related to the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority, the Los Angeles Department of Airports, San Francisco International Airport, the City of Bakersfield, the City and County of San Francisco, the Port of Long Beach, the Port of Los Angeles, the City of Long Beach Airport, Salt Lake City International Airport and the Metropolitan Airports Commission (Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport).
- Disclosure counsel for financings related to the Port of Long Beach, Port of Los Angeles, Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, and the City of Long Beach.
- Routinely serves as bond counsel or disclosure counsel for the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Public Finance Law, 2023