- J.D., University of Kansas School of Law, Order of the Coif; Kansas Law Review
- B.M.E., Wichita State University, magna cum laude
- Kansas Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
Kathryn concentrates her practice in public finance transactions, economic development initiatives, affordable housing financings and municipal utility matters. She has served as bond counsel, special tax counsel, disclosure counsel and underwriter's counsel for a variety of public finance transactions, including those relating to such economic development initiatives as tax increment financing and other special district financings, public-private partnerships, private activity bonds and conduit issues, as well as those relating to affordable housing development, governmental purpose financings, water, sewer and airport revenue financings, lease-purchase financings and energy efficiency financings.
Kathryn also regularly assists governmental clients on a variety of municipal law, municipal utility law, disclosure requirements, affordable housing and public housing matters, including drafting and reviewing contracts, providing advice on legislation, regulations and legislative matters and providing advice on post-closing matters such as ongoing covenant compliance, tax events and disclosure matters. She has acted as counsel for municipal electric and water utility rate hearings and various municipal utility rate and service matters for over 30 years.
- Kansas City, Kansas, Assistant City Attorney, 1979-1988
- Honorable Wesley E. Brown, United States District Court for the District of Kansas, Law Clerk, 1977-1979