- J.D., Pepperdine University School of Law, cum laude, Phi Delta Phi
- LL.M. (Commercial Law), University of Cambridge, Hughes Hall College
- B.A., University of Colorado, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Judd focuses his practice on a wide range of complex financial transactions utilizing New Market Tax Credits and, in certain projects, combining New Market Tax Credits with other federal and state tax credit programs.
Judd represents source lenders, community development entities, tax credit investors, and qualified active low-income community businesses. He has represented qualified active low-income community businesses in the development of, for example, technology hubs, libraries, public schools, medical facilities, and manufacturing plants. He has also represented community development entities in the construction of a large public recreational facility and accompanying medical practice as well as advanced manufacturing and business facilities.
Tax Credit Transactions
- Represented a governmental entity utilizing new market tax credits, low income housing tax credits, bond and public financing in the development of multiple senior living complexes and accompanying medical facilities.
- Represented community development entity utilizing new market tax credits along with private and international financing to develop an advanced car manufacturing facility.
- Represented a qualified active low-income business in the unwind of a new markets tax structure that financed the development of a tech incubator.
- Represented a national bank in loan extension, loan modification, and early pay-off.
- Represented a mutual fund in the drafting of the tax matters area of the Prospectus.
Merger, Acquisition and Restructure
- Represented a private business in the restructuring and merging of several entities into a tax friendly corporate structure.
- Represented a non-profit hospital in creating support organizations to invest in and develop medical technologies.