- J.D., University of Connecticut School of Law, Fidelity & Surety Editor, Connecticut Insurance Law Journal
- B.A., Lee University, magna cum laude, History, Political Science, Theology
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- US Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
Eric values his role in partnering with his clients to find solutions to their disputes, and his practice is centered in the automotive, construction, lending, and real estate industries. Eric routinely counsels automobile dealers, financial services companies and banks, construction contractors and design professionals, and real estate developers and brokers.
Familiar with the law and comfortable in the courtroom, Eric regularly handles disputes involving breach of contract, breach of loan agreements, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty. His broad experience enables him to counsel clients throughout the entire business dispute process from pre-suit risk management, mediation or arbitration, trial, and through appeal.
Eric brings to his practice the strength, knowledge and experience that make a difference in solving his clients' disputes.
- Defended claims by bank against borrower related to improper technical defaults under loan documents.
- Defended claims by developer against bank for breach of contract and rescission of development agreement.
- Defended claims by shareholder against officers and directors for breach of fiduciary duty in sale of substantially all of the assets of a closely held corporation.
- Pursued claims against automobile dealer for fraud and breach of various contracts.
- Defended claims against real estate broker related to commission entitlement.
- Defended claims by homeowner against real estate broker that the broker failed to disclose that the home had been used as a site for the manufacture of methamphetamine.
- Pursued claims on behalf of municipal hospital board against municipality to prohibit the municipality from selling the hospital.
- Pursued claims on behalf of municipality against heavy highway contractor.